CRITICAL PREPARATION: CREATING A DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN
Updated May 10, 2021
The Anthros team prides itself on finding solutions for our clients and providing the best possible service at all times. This includes times when unexpected or expected disruptions in our daily routines occur. Our top priority is making sure there is no interruption in services to our clients, no matter the circumstances, hurricanes and severe weather events included.
Here in Florida, where we face hurricanes with some frequency, we know how important it is to have a plan in place so that payroll can be processed and our clients’ employees can be paid on time. Even when we are not able to access our building, or lack electricity, as happened in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma in 2017, we provided nonstop coverage to our clients.
With the creation of our Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan, we are prepared for such occurrences. Our plan ensures that in the event of extended service outages caused by severe weather i.e. a tropical storm or hurricane, we are prepared and able to restore services to the widest extent possible in a minimum time frame.
This tailored plan serves as a guide for the Anthros team and:
- Provides procedures and resources needed to assist in recovery.
- Guarantees efficient documenting, testing and reviewing of recovery procedures.
- Identifies our certified alternate sources for supplies, resources and locations.
- Documents storage, safeguarding and retrieval procedures for vital record to ensure sensitive employee data is protected at all times.
Whether or not your business is located in a state affected by hurricanes, you should have your own Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plan in place. Some questions to consider when creating your plan include:
- What is your plan to restore critical business functions and processes?
- How will you restore IT infrastructure and operations, and are there manual workarounds you can use until these things are restored?
- How will you communicate this plan to your employees and train them in the processes?
Not sure where to start? Your Anthros Client Relations Manager can provide you with additional resources to help you craft your own Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan.